Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

” I questioned Gnanasara thera having required evidence on hand”-DILKA


Derana ‘360 weekly timely political dialogue’ has drawn a tremendous interest among a large section of viewers. The programme is presented by Dilka Samanmalee who invariably questions the guests directly about allegations made against the guests and expects the guest to justify them.
The other day Ven.Galabodaaththe Gnanasara thera was the guest who was invited for this timely 360 political dialogue. At that programme Ven Gnanasara thera was questioned on certain allegations, for which Gnanasara thera had got offended .Immediately afterwards she had received constantly threatening death telephone calls  Our web site since came to know that Dilka had lodged complaints in this regard to the police and we inquired about this incident from her. We got information about the sequence of events what took place between that day of the 360  programme and now:

Q. We came to understand that after the 360 political programme you had been subjected to some threats?.
A. ‘Yes, it is true’
Q. Against those threats did you take any preventive measures?
A.’ Yes, as I have taken legal action I cannot tell anything right now.’
Q. It is learnt these conflicts had been because you had questioned Gnanasara thera about his legal offences?
A. ‘I questioned him by having all courts reports on hand. The thera replied to my questions. The threats were made later’
Q. Do you think that these threats were made by the Gnansara thera’s factions?
A.’I cannot give a positive answer. At a time like this there are people who try to catch fish in muddy water. Hence I cannot say that this had happened through a third party.However against the culprits investigations are been carried out.  In this context I cannot say anything precisely.’
Q. Have you been confronted with such incidents after conducting the 360 programmes on earlier occasions?
A.’Derana 360 commenced in the year 2007,since then I have faced this type of situation three times’.
Q What are the other two instances?
A’ after one programme with a politician I was subjected to defamation of character, not death threats. On that occasion I had to get redress from the law. At another instance an invitee quoted the names of a third pert in the programme. That person filed action against the company. That case is still been heard in courts.’
Q At programmes you boldly question the invitee without fear on grave matters. In such instances haven’t they reciprocated and embarrassed you?
A’ as a principle I talk to the invitee only during the programme. While doing make ups also I refrain from talking. During breaks I do not look at the invitee. Hence it is difficult to make me feel uneasy or uncomfortable. There have been times that during breaks the invitees had confessed ‘Dilka we will see about you later’. But I keep quiet as if I did not hear and stay ignoring them by even not looking at their faces.’
Q. In the Derana 360 what are your past reminiscences?
A’ at the ‘derana’360 apart from their political life I ask about their personal lives.  Once an invitee was a lady politician, I asked her whether you were a faithful mother. The answer she gave was ‘I have even thrown my milk to the drain and got indulged in politics. If I speak the truth I have failed in my duties being a devoted mother’. After saying that, she could not control her emotions and cried. Her tears were not shown to the viewers by the cameramen. But I saw it ‘live’. At another instance a young politician came as an invitee. I asked him ‘haven’t you got an idea of marrying’. He told me he has as idea, what is Dilka’s idea?’I was embarrassed as he asked me instantly.’ ’I have already thought of my marriage. I asked about the idea of yourself about marriage,. I answered’.
 Q. If your personal life is spoken about?
A ‘My husband is Dulan Chandana Asela. He gives me a lot of assistance for my affairs. Both are tremendously busy. Both of us are members of the of the Sri Lanka animals association. During our leisure we travel often to places like Yala, that is what we do.’
Q. The question you asked that lady Minister could be asked from you also?
A. ‘(laughter) my mother (Wimalindra Kumari) was a stage, Tele drama and a film actress. After I was born she gave up everything. When I become a mother I will give priority to be a house wife. At that time I am prepared to quit from my media field.’

 Courtesy: Lanka C news

No comments:

Post a Comment